Popular Posts

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cooking Light Ideas!

From Our Kitchen to Yours...

So I put a roast in the crock pot, along with mushrooms, fingerling potatoes and onions, and it is already smelling amazing!  I got this recipe out of the Fresh Food Fast Cooking Light Cookbook.  If you are in a pinch for time and want something healthy and tasty, you definately need this cookbook!  Most recipes use 5 ingredients or less and are made in 15 min.  You do have to somewhat prepare because most ingreadients are fresh and maybe not in the pantry.

When my mom, the dietition, first got me this book, I was skeptical.  How could 5 ingredient, healthy dishes pass the husband test?  So, of course being sneaky, I did not inform him of the "health factor" of the new dinners that I was making.  Most of them were a total homerun and they were delicious and good for us!  Of course a few were total busts, but you'll get that in any cookbook.

So, with the new year and all of our resolutions, try out this cookbook and I think you will love it!  We do!  Can't wait for dinner tonight.

Have a happy day

No comments:

Post a Comment